Sunday, September 18, 2011

God moments..

The Lord speaks in so many ways but one of them for me is simply watching the normal youth activities on this normal Sunday night. For some reason tonight the Lord showed me students who are making progress and are excited to learn and to share their faith. Its hard to explain but its sorta like He just kinda set my up in His lap and let me watch the little ones through His eyes. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen. Isaiah 32:3 Sometimes I get so caught up in planning and organizing and trouble shooting that I overlook whats actually going on. Tonight the Lord slowed me down enough to see.

What is this "normal" Sunday night schedule??
Well at 4 we have praise band practice. I take care of Jr. High praise band tonight only 1 out of 4 of the students showed up and I began to get discouraged but the Lord turned it around and the time was great because that ONE student was able to get some one on one time with me ad some good practice time all to herself.
Then at 5 we have FAITH 101 or Youth FAITH. Sometimes this can be discouraging when the students have not followed through with their plans to talk to different people at different times during the week and we did have a few of those BUT I was encouraged and excited because after I collected the cards I found that a group that had been struggling had actually shared with someone! (baby steps...baby steps)
Last but never least at 6 we have our Ambassador discipleship training. This train is split into levels or "tiers" and once you complete the first tier you are then asked to teach the tier you just completed to someone else while you are going through the second tier. I love this program because its very basic material and the students are being trained to not only evangelize but to DISCIPLE their friends. after all Jesus did say, Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:19

So that is a typical Sunday night in the youth department and it also happens to be one way God speaks to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment