Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the word I love and hate all at the same time

Theres this little word that Lord has explained to me that I should use more often. The word is "no." I try to help and just make things worse, I shouldv'e told myself "no Amanda, stay out of it." I get asked to help with this or that and I say yes until every sencond of my week is full then I'm stuck and stressed and end up dissapointing someone because I can't physically pull off everything I've said "yes" to without shooting someone. The Lord showed me this at Conclave, well tried to tell me at Conclave, about this precious little word. I though tI got it, I thought I understood and then I came home and said "yes" to myself one more time and well we will just say I am not the only on who was affected by it.

So how am I doing? I did cancel my piano student and I said no to 2 others who wanted to take piano and I'm starting to try and delegate responsibilities a little at the church to the interns. Thats about it, I'm praying about a few other things I may need to take out of my schedule.

How am I feeling, a little overwhelmed, stressed and sleepy. I have 4 group projects, 7 papers, 7 weeks of daily assignments and projects and only 7 weeks left of school to do it in. On top of all that I am trying to get some things lined up for the girls conference in the spring and I'm running out of time on that, and trying to plann a mission trip for the Middle School students in december. Oh plus regular weekly stuff at the church and teaching and oh yea I'm a friend and a daughter and a sister too, wow. Ready or not its a 7 weeks left race that will (hopefully) slow down after finals (come on december 6th).
 You know what would be nice, a night out. My last night out really helped me to relax and de-stress. So lets all (all 3 of the people who read my blog) pray that it works out for me to go out with my sweet friend Michelle on Saturday. Ok great.
Are you stressed out too? Are there things in your life you've had to say "no" to for your own sanity? Is fall as crazy full for you as it is for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment